Pine Point School is a vibrant, energizing place to teach and work. The average tenure for faculty is 18 years and 70% of our faculty have earned advanced degrees. Resumes are accepted at all times and any job openings are posted on this page.
Our website contains a wealth of information about the school, our students and our program. You may be particularly interested to learn about our:
Current job openings
Long Term Lower School Spanish Substitute Teacher
Pine Point School is seeking a part-time lower school Spanish teacher for a maternity leave replacement from January - March 2018. Strong candidates will understand the cognitive and developmental needs of young children and have the ability to differentiate instruction. The successful candidate will also have the ability to collaborate with colleagues in a progressive learning environment and be dedicated to the Pine Point School mission of helping students engage in developing a strong academic and ethical core, a lifelong curiosity about their world, and a commitment to reaching solutions creatively, collaboratively, and compassionately.
Spanish instruction is provided through a collaborative, active and engaging curriculum focused on developing language skills and an appreciation for other cultures. Lower school students develop proficiency in oral and written communication, including vocabulary and grammar, through the integration of language skills and concepts taught in the content areas.
Skills, Knowledge, and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience and comfort with hands-on, inquiry-based style of teaching
- Experience and comfort with managing collaborative learning groups
- Experience and comfort with technology and the ability to integrate grade-specific technology into cultural and language instruction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of the ability to engage, motivate, assess, and develop student learning
- Warmth of personality, energy, a sense of humor and an interest in participating in school-wide events
If interested, please contact Diana Owen (email@example.com) with:
- Current resume
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of professional references
Review of applications will begin as soon as they are received and continue until the position is filled.
Pine Point School believes that a widely heterogeneous population brings richness and depth to a community and is committed to creating and sustaining an environment which embraces and celebrates social, racial and ethnic diversity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the School are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.