At a Glance
- Ages 3 – 15
- Enrollment 190
- Average class size 11
- Student-teacher ratio 7 to 1
- 70% of faculty have advanced degrees
- 18 years average tenure teaching
- Strong grounding in English, reading, and language arts
- Accelerated mathematics
- Laboratory-based sciences
- Comprehensive fine arts including art, music, dance and theatre
- Competitive interscholastic sports including tournament play
- Center for Assessment and Learning (CAL)
- Moral leadership program and performance assessment program
Arrival and Dismissal
- Students may arrive at 8:00 a.m.
- Classes begin at 8:20 a.m.
- Dismissal is at 3:10 p.m.
- Evergreen courses, Learning Lab and Creative Play are available until 5:30 p.m. each day
- 67 acre shoreline campus
- Two fully equipped science laboratories
- Oceanology boat with research instrumentation
- Observatory with digitally-controlled telescope
- Full gymnasium
- Multiple athletic fields and cross country course
- Performance stage
- Dance studio
- Choral and instrumental music rooms
- 2-D and 3-D art facilities
Pine Point School is incorporated as an entity with all school parents, employees, and trustees as voting members of the corporation. The Board of Trustees is the primary governing body of Pine Point School and is charged with adopting, fulfilling, and promoting the mission of the School. The Board is comprised of devoted individuals who work collaboratively for the long-term success and viability of Pine Point School.
The major responsibilities of the Board include:
- Fiduciary Health – serve as stewards of the School’s financial assets to ensure long term stability
- Strategic Planning – engage in institutional goal setting and evaluation for current and future constituencies
- Policy Review – oversee the development, review, and implementation of institutional policies to reflect the mission and intention of the School
- Leadership – select, advise, and evaluate the Head of School and engage in succession planning for School and Board leadership
For more information, contact email@example.com.