Green & Gold Expedition 2018
This Year's Gala Auction:
Lake of Isles Golf Club
North Stonington, Connecticut
February 10, 2018
6:00 – 11:00 p.m.
The great news is that all tickets to the event are spoken for. But there's still time to support the event and Pine Point! In addition to bidding on a host of great auction items, the 216 attendees will "raise their paddle" to help the School purchase a new bus to get the students to all of the great off-campus experiences that distinguishes our program. As well, we will be raising funds to support the faculty's professional development. Please consider making a donation to back these two all-important efforts!
This year’s gala auction has a new name – Green & Gold Expedition – but the key elements remain the same. If you've never been to Lake to Isles, it's an absolutely beautiful space.
Your ticket covers your food, beer, and wine. This year we've added signature drinks and a seated dinner with your choice of four entrees.
Dancing? Charles Crawford, husband of second grade teacher Gillian Crawford, once again serves as our DJ for the evening!
The joy that comes from sharing experiences inspired the auction items we’ve put together.
Here are just a few to consider.
- A hands-on class and dinner at Grass & Bone, named by Bloomberg News as one of the best butcher shops in America! Six guests will learn where Grass & Bone sources their local meat, how it's raised, why that's important, how to trim, truss, and cut, and then learn how to take that meat and turn it into a delicious meal. Afterward, guests will sit for a full dinner to enjoy the dish they’ve prepared.
- A private "glass class" with master glass artist Jeffrey P'an, the winner and 14 of their closest friends will have the Mystic studio to yourselves to enjoy champagne and hors d'oeuvres, and a private demonstration by renowned artist Jeffrey Pan as he shows you how molten glass is transformed into transparent art that captures light and color.
- A round of golf for 3 with Mr. T at Winnapaug Country Club
- One Year Family Membership to the Ocean Community YMCAvalid at all 3 local locations (Westerly-Pawcatuck, Mystic, and Arcadia) with reciprocal membership at New England YMCAs.
- Go on an arctic expedition at Mystic Seaport and experience a sleepover like none other with “A Night at the Museum with Augmented Reality!” Up to 27 people (grade 4 and up) will visit arctic regions in the comfort of a warm museum through a unique kind of expedition, one of the first to use augmented reality technology in a museum setting. Explore Alaska’s Noatak National Preserve, utilizing augmented reality technology that places you 80 miles north of the Arctic Circle. Participants will have exclusive after-hours access to the exhibit and use of the HoloLens equipment. Participants will also have a private showing of a special planetarium show and sleep beneath the pingo sculpture in the new Thompson Building. Experience begins at 6 p.m. and ends the next morning at 10 a.m. This is a time-sensitive offering (expiring on April 21, 2018).
- Time in the recording studio with Evan Rogers of SRP Music Group, a major player in the world of music for nearly three decades, producing and/or writing hit songs for artists such as Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson, ’n Sync, Shakira, Christina Aguilera, and many more
- Join the crew on a tug job on the Thames River as they dock a giant cargo ship at the State Pier
- Four nights at the Hotel Esencia in Mexico
- Cruise local waters out of Watch Hill aboard APHRODITE with your group of 12
- One week in a new, two bedroom, two bath summer cottage with a pool in Quonnie (Charlestown, Rhode Island) in the third week in August!
- A week in a 2-bedroom beachfront condo on Gulf Beach in Tampa
- Basketball clinic offered by Connecticut College Men's Head Basketball Coach Tom Satran
- Package for six to the Center for Wine and Culinary Arts at the Ocean House for a dinner made by Chef Paul and wine pairings by their wine director as you enjoy an extraordinary meal and learn about local farms
- Discover Stonington Harbor Yacht Club with a one-month summer membership with one week of junior sailing lessons
- A cruise for 6 for up to 6 hours out of Mystic Seaport during the summer aboard the 28’ lobster yacht MAMIE in Fisher’s Island Sound with stops for swimming, beach visits, or even lunch at Ford’s!
- Two great offerings from Mystic Aquarium-Whales Up Close for 4 and and a Penguin Encounter Program for 4
- Two tickets to a Patriots game in the 2018-19 season
- Bowling party for 6 at High Rollers
- One weekend's use of a cabana in Watch Hill-with parking!
- A private, three-hour guided walking seminar of New York City, provided by Context, which offers “Private Guides and (Very) Small Group Tours for the Intellectually Curious”
The most memorable and impactful learning happens through the experiences that help children understand in deeper, more meaningful ways. Whether it’s painting the rocks by the lower school playground reminiscent of the Lascaux Cave, monitoring water quality at the pond, studying coastal habitats, visiting a nature preserve to observe birds, spending the night on an historic ship, time on the Vineyard, and countless other adventures both on and off campus, we know that children learn best by doing. The Green & Gold Expedition will provide you the opportunity to support such educational expeditions as those mentioned above through the purchase of Discovery Passes.
Thanks to all who have volunteered their time and resources to make the Green & Gold Expedition a great night for Pine Point!
Our Generous Sponsors
Anderson Energy Solutions
Capalbo, Capalbo & Hartford
Capalbo Dental Group
Drs. Philip Iredale and Marie-Claire Peakman
SERVPRO of Washington County
Wireless Zone Groton/Westerly