Making a Gift

9th grade marine biology students aboard Quest II.

Cash or check All checks should be made payable to Pine Point School.

Credit card If you are making a gift with a credit card you are encouraged to take advantage of our secure, online giving capabilities. We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and the Discover Card.

I'd like to make a gift online to the Annual Fund.

Corporate matching gifts Double your contribution! Take advantage of your employer's matching gift program and dramatically increase your contribution. Please forward your company's matching gift application form with your donation to the School or apply online by going to your company's matching gift website.

Securities Making a gift of stock to Pine Point benefits both the School and the donor. If you sell appreciated stock you are likely to incur capital gains. However, when you give the stock to Pine Point you avoid capital gains tax and you receive a charitable income tax deduction based on the stock's fair market value (mean value) at the time of its transfer to Pine Point. (Securities must be held for at least one year to secure the full tax benefits of a stock gift.) In order to avoid capital gains, however, you must first transfer ownership of the stock to Pine Point. In all cases, you should consult your financial adviser.


The date of a gift of stock is determined by the date on which it enters Pine Point's account at Professional Planning Group. Even in this day of electronic transfers gifts of stock have been known to take several days to reach their destination. This can be particularly problematic when you're trying to make a gift of stock at year-end.

Those seeking to make a gift of stock or have questions on this subject can contact Director of Advancement Chris Hibbard, 860-535-0606, x135 or Pine Point's financial adviser at Professional Planning Group: Christopher G. Wallace, CFA, 401-596-2800, 866-205-3090,

Download the document that provides information to electronically make a gift of stock.

Pledges If you wish to contribute to the Annual Fund but do not wish to make an immediate payment you can make a pledge. Pledges can be made by mail, e-mail, or by phone.

For further information contact
Chris Hibbard
860-535-0606 x135